Six Mondays: April 26-June 7, via Zoom. Limited to 5-7 participants
You must register to attend by calling 508-430-8111 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This support group is led by Linda Whittlesey, a trained mental health professional. The group will meet weekly via Zoom. Each one-hour session will offer a safe and private space to learn about strategies for coping with the life transition of divorce as well as offer support to one another. Sessions will feature a 20 minute educational component, plus 40 minutes for exercises, interaction and discussion. Each week will have a theme. The group will be limited to 7 participants and we expect demand to be high.
Participants will be asked to take a five-minute pre-survey and to meet with one of the group facilitators prior to the beginning of the support group. Participants should also be able to commit to attend all six sessions, to the best of their ability.
Topics may include:
- Starting Where You Are; Unique Stressors of Divorce, Perspective and Patience.
- Finding Support & Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
- Coping with Mixed and Messy Emotions; Yours and Everyone Else’s
- Caring for your Whole Self; Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual
- Facing the Unexpected, Planning and Readiness
- Reflecting on your Future (using Journaling)
- Celebrating Endings and Beginnings
Linda Whittlesey has worked as a psychotherapist in many settings, with individuals, families, and groups for over thirty years as part of her private practice on the Cape. Since retiring she’s enjoying volunteering for WE CAN providing support to women managing the challenging issues of divorce. In her spare time, she enjoys playing in a ukulele group, and kayaking for fun.