WE CAN makes it easy to give, from mailing a check to using a credit card, gifts of securities, donor advised funds, or matching gifts. Read more below for the details.
There are many ways to support WE CAN.
You choose the most convenient method to donate to WE CAN!
Other Ways to Give
Please send checks (made payable to WE CAN):
WE CAN Corporation
Attn: Donor Relations Manager
783 Route 28
Harwich Port , MA 02646
Please let us know the designation of your gift (Annual Fund, Community Builders, Champion), as well as information about whether the gift is in honor or in memory of an individual.
Please call Siobhan Clune at 508.430.8111 to make a gift using your credit card.
WE CAN Stock Transfer Information
Tax ID #31-1777179
• WE CAN Corporation uses Charles Schwab – all stock transfers go to that brokerage.
• Most stock gifts come via DTC transfer so the DTC number and WE CAN account information are the most pertinent pieces
• Upon receipt of a gift, Michaela Herlihy, of Beacon Financial Planning of Cape Cod, will contact Daniel Schwenk, WE CAN Treasurer, to get authorization to sell the donated shares.
• For donor tax purposes, shares are valued at the median value of the day’s trading on the day the shares are received into the WE CAN account. This is the amount that will appear on the tax documentation from WE CAN to the donor.
• Sales are executed on the day the shares are received barring any difficulty Charles Schwab has in contacting WE CAN to authorize a sale.
• Proceeds from the sale are then transferred as appropriate given the nature of the gift (e.g. endowment gifts stay with Charles Schwab, Annual Fund gifts would be disbursed to WE CAN).
Bank Name: Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Address: 1958 Summit Park Drive, #500 Orlando, FL 32810
Account Registration: WE CAN
Beacon Financial Planning of Cape Cod Contact:
Name: Michaela Herlihy
Address: 72 Pine Street Hyannis, MA 02601
Many companes sponsor matching gifts programs that increase the charitable contribution made by am employee. Ask your human resources office for matching gift forms.
A Donor Advised Fund, or DAF, is a philanthropic vehicle through which donors may contribute to their favorite charities. Established with organizations such as Fidelity Charitable® or Schwab Charitable, contributions to a DAF are immediately tax-deductible, and are invested and grow tax-free. After establishing a DAF, you may recommend grants to the charities of your choice at any point.