WE CAN Development Assistant
WE CAN, the organization dedicated to empowering Cape Cod women to achieve lasting positive change for themselves and their families, is seeking an organized self-motivated Development Assistant to assist in all areas of the WE CAN fundraising program and provide support in marketing WE CAN events and donor related communications. Responsible for event coordination; serving as support person for individual and business donors; preparing proposals and reports; data management and reporting; donor related website management; marketing support; and acting as event lead during special and major events. The Development Assist is a part-time 25-30 hour a week position and reports to the Donor Development Director located in Harwich Port, MA.
- Serve as support staff member on development activities, working closely with the Development Director and Executive Director on individual donor appeals; all donor programs; proposal writing and reporting; and fundraising and special events
- Oversee data on participant related calls and services for reporting purposes and creates needed reports
- Provide data on a regular, and as needed, basis to support the organization’s development activities
- Actively participates in planning WE CAN donor and other special events while working collaboratively with volunteer committees
- Develop detailed project plans to ensure events are well organized, meet established deadlines, achieve desired outcomes and are well marketed
- Manage pre-event ticket sales, guest lists, name tags and assist with post-event follow-up
- Management of day-of event logistics including registration and event oversight
- Oversee event raffles and auctions including soliciting donations, managing event volunteers, and follow-up reporting
- Maintain and update website and community online calendars in collaboration with Communications Manager
- Assist Communications Manager with WE CAN communications and marketing tasks as needed including press releases, and developing and maintaining email lists
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in development work and demonstrated ability to interface successfully with donors
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, and electronic
- Ability to work with and oversee Volunteers
- Outstanding computer skills and demonstrated competence in databases (File Maker Pro preferred); all Microsoft office applications, website management
- Proficiency with WordPress highly desirable
- A high level of organization and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively in a team environment
- Experience working with volunteers and understanding of their key role at WE CAN
- Professional and welcoming demeanor; understanding and empathy for the women we serve
- Flexibility and a willingness to assist others
- Willingness to learn new tasks, skills, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or significant equivalent experience required
- Commitment to working with women of diverse backgrounds, ages and life situations to support success and independence
HOURS: 25-30 hours per week. Flexible schedule within the work week.
WE CAN is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. WE CAN does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Updated 7.16
To apply send a resume and cover letter to WE CAN at firstname.lastname@example.org
About WE CAN WE CAN changes lives. Since 2001, WE CAN has provided unique, practical services that empower Cape Cod women to achieve lasting positive change for themselves, their families and, ultimately, for the entire community.